Party Wall Matters

Party Wall Matters

If you have been or are being affected by Party Wall issues, are a building owner planning work which may fall under the Party Wall etc Act 1996, or are an adjoining building owner in need of a Party Wall Surveyor we should be able to help.

The Party Wall etc Act 1996

If you intend to carry out Building work which involves one of the following categories:

  • Building a free standing wall or a wall of a building up to or astride the boundary with a neighbouring property
  • Work on an existing wall or structure shared with another property
  • Excavating near a neighbouring building

Then you must find out whether that work falls within the Party Wall etc Act. If it does, you must correctly notify all affected neighbours by sending a Party Wall Notice. If you have received a notification then you must respond correctly to avoid prejudicing your position.
As Party Wall Surveyors we can offer a professional and bespoke personal service to residential and commercial occupiers and owners affected by party wall matters and can advise on the need for a Party Wall Award or Party Wall Agreement.

Linchpin Ltd RicsIf you would like to know more about our services or to discuss whether we could help you with a particular matter please contact us by telephone on 0113 3884802, or by e mail on
Linchpin Ltd, West One, 114 Wellington Street, Leeds, LS1 1BA / The Old Rectory, Thornton in Craven, Skipton, BD23 3TN